The popularity and effectiveness of VA loans did not teeter after World War II. The program continued to evolve to accommodate the changing needs of Veterans. During the Vietnam era, VA loans underwent several improvements, including the introduction of no-down-payment loans. Over time, VA loans extended their support to Veterans, active-duty service members, reservists, and even certain qualifying family members such as surviving spouses.
Presently, the VA loan program has continued to adapt and remain a cornerstone of support for those who have served in the U.S. military. Changes in legislation have increased the loan limits to accommodate the rising cost of housing in various regions. Additionally, a focus on streamlining the application process has made VA loans more accessible to a broader range of Veterans.
Benefits of VA Loans:
- No Down Payment: VA loans often require no down payment, allowing veterans to purchase homes with minimal upfront costs.
- Competitive Interest Rates: VA loans typically offer competitive interest rates, which can result in long-term savings.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI): Unlike many other mortgage programs, VA loans do not require private mortgage insurance, which can save borrowers money.*
- Flexible Credit Requirements: VA loans often have more forgiving credit requirements, making it easier for veterans to qualify
- Refinancing Options: Veterans can use VA loans to refinance their existing mortgages through the VA’s streamlined refinance program.
“We are very proud to help tens of thousands of Veterans obtain mortgage financing throughout our company’s 68+ year history. There is a tremendous amount of satisfaction we have from helping those who served.” – Andy Schoemehl, V.P. of Lending, Gershman Mortgage. Find your next home here: worthclark.com/properties
If you or anybody you know is interested in purchasing a home, contact Andy Schoemehl at 314-221-7797 to start your journey home today.